Healthy and thick hair is always symbolized youth and attractiveness. Therefore, baldness gives people significant psychological discomfort. In recent years there has been a tendency to increase the number of people with hair loss. Only about 8% of them seek professional help. However, doctors say, the true prevalence of baldness is much higher. A significant portion of people do not seek medical care or considering increased rate of hair loss or not believing it possible to restore hair. More information about this problem you can read on the site http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20727114,00.html.
Causes of Hair Loss
Causes of hair loss in men can be different, but one thing is clear, that a man be left without hair, especially at a young age is not entirely desirable. Yes, and not by choice. Therefore, many representatives of the stronger sex, faced with such a problem for the first time – try to look for their solutions and experience of not less than women, but do not reveal their feelings to others. Some resign themselves and make their own, newfound bald head, his dignity. But there is a category of men who volunteer say goodbye to their hair and their hair shorn specifically “under the net”, as such haircut attracts many women and is considered a trend in the modern world.
Naturally, the hair loss occurs at different people differently. Let us consider the types of male alopecia:
Therefore, the treatment is usually a family history into account additionally. This type of baldness occurs when the high content of male sex hormones in the body. Manifested in the replacement of long and thick hair thin, short and discolored.
It is a consequence of human diseases` dandruff. It appears, for example, during puberty in adolescents. Some scalp functions normal 2-3 years. In others, it becomes a serious problem that can lead to significant hair loss.
Diffuse hair loss may be an early stage of androgenetic alopecia or age. Most often it occurs in 3-4 months after the impact of unfavorable factors: strong stress, medical treatment, the body poisoning. It is shown as uniform hair loss all over the scalp.
It is observed most frequently between the ages of 20-25 years. The main causes of patchy hair loss in men are vascular necrosis and disorder of the endocrine system. It characterized by gradually progressive thinning hair.
It manifested as a complete loss of hair all over the body. It usually called deep psychological problems and, therefore, difficult to treat.
- Hair loss when shampooing – if in the bathroom, after shampooing, you notice that is a large amount of hair is one of the main symptoms of hair loss.
- Hair loss during sleep – is also one of the symptoms of hair loss. In the dream, a person spends between 5 and 8 hours (on average). If during this time on the pillow is a large amount of hair on it is sure to pay attention!
- Loss of hair when combing – with hair combing, there is stimulation of the scalp and hair follicles, respectively. And if you have symptoms of hair loss, the hair when combing will not apply to be a lot of hair on the comb.
It is believed that the daily rate of hair loss – up to 100 hairs a day. But remember that the hair we fall throughout the day! 100 If you were only hair in the bathroom (after shampooing) or by scratching – this is the first warning signs of hair loss! Be aware that hair loss you should not watch. Hair should fall more or less evenly throughout the day. If a large concentration of lost hair is in one place, the urgency of this!
Drug treatment must necessarily be conducted courses and administered directly by the attending physician after a full examination of the patient. These courses are chosen individually. Quick results are no promises, as a rule, the treatment is necessary to continue the floor – a year, a year to notice positive results. Your doctor may prescribe: injections, massages, laser therapy, masks, taking various drugs. This treatment is designed to strengthen hair follicles and retain the remaining hair, which is an important aspect in the fight against baldness. If you cancel all preparations` loss of vegetation can resume. Experience shows that if the vegetation growth has not resumed after medical treatment (on the head, legs, arms, body) on the expiration of six months, meaning that no further treatment in this way. This is due to the fact that the follicles are gone – they were killed, and has nothing to restore.
Finasteride – a means to stop the hair loss. Sometimes lets finasteride and build a new terminal hair, but this is rare. It is believed that the main task – to stop the further balding. This preparation in pill form is taken each day. The drug is based on Propecia finasteride is approved for use in product quality control department and the US FDA Drug or USFDA – governmental agency subordinate to the Ministry of Health of the USA. This is one of two drugs approved by the FDA for the treatment of baldness. But there are other drugs in which the active ingredient is the same finasteride, but are intended for the treatment of BPH. They do not differ in composition, but differ in the dosage of finasteride in each tablet, which is increased to 5 mg compared with Propecia and Finpecia.
Once you start taking finasteride will start to decrease the level of DHT, which is and will remain at this reduced level, until you stop taking the drug. Testosterone levels increased in the case (up to 10%) to compensate for the reduction of DHT. Gradually dihydrotestosterone concentration in the hair follicles will decrease, as required for treatment. While you are taking finasteride, it works. Propecia in Australia is very popular drug, like another medicine. If you stop taking it, the effect ceases. Finasteride should be taken as long as you value your hair, that is, all his life (or until you invented a new, more effective means).
Through everyday use of the drug can be reduced by 60% the level of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). That he is able to have a devastating effect on the bulbs for those who have hair loss gene, with the result that there is less unwanted hair loss. During clinical studies it was found that by systematic use of finasteride in a dosage of 1 mg, 86% of men could get rid of the problem of hair loss. 65% of participants in the experiment there was even an increase in the number of hair follicles. The drug has the same effect like the analogue.
As the prevention of alopecia areata is enough to follow the simple rules:
- do not use mobile phones for a long time;
- reduce stress;
- conduct timely treatment of opportunistic diseases;
- visit the dentist two times a year;
- reduce the mechanical action on the hair and skin.
Seasonal hair loss, even if they are dictated by genetic processes can be greatly minimized by paying special attention to hair care. First of all, it is necessary to apply vitamin complexes – they can be whole kits containing all necessary components and vitamins, and can be specialized drugs that affect the good condition of our strands.
Losing hair is natural – all human beings lose up to 100 hairs a day. The saddest experience you may have are bald patches and progressive thinning. Let’s speak about alopecia, it’s types, causes and possible treatment.
Hair loss, alopecia, baldness – all these terms are connected with losing body hair. Baldness is a more specific term and usually refers to male pattern alopecia or female hair loss (it’s sometimes called androgenic alopecia).
Both men and women are affected by DHT level. DHT is short for Dihydrotestosterone hormone – when it’s levels rise your hair gets thin and exhausted. Hair growth slows up. Males and females have different reactions on DHT.
Male and Female Hair Loss: Difference
Male Pattern Baldness is connected with receding hairline at the crown area. Without treatment, hair follicles get dead and fall out. Male baldness pattern can vary. The Norwood Classification Scale can help you differentiate between types of baldness and its patterns. This scheme can be helpful if you’re not sure about your personal boldness type:
Female Baldness results in hair getting weak in the central part of the scalp. The Ludwig Scale shows all types of female alopecia:
It’s more common for women suffering from influence of androgens. They are male hormones that all women have in a very small amount. Its levels can change because of pregnancy, menopause and birth control medicines. Androgenic hair loss results in pattern baldness among women. Unfortunately, this type of hair loss can be hereditary. Good news is that even hereditary alopecia can be treated.
As a result, women get male hair loss pattern and men get female hair loss pattern.
Why does it happen?
Causes may vary depending on sex, age and psychological condition. Here’s a list of most common causes:
- Genetic predisposition;
- Dissecting cellulitis
- Medications for blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol and heart problems;
- Medications for fungus infections;
- Side effects from steroids, birth control medicines, radiotherapy and chemotherapy;
- Physical trauma (pulling hair with too much force, compulsive hair bending and pulling them out);
- Trichotillomania (a psychological disorder of people always playing with hair);
- Trauma at birth, surgery;
- Massive stress;
- Pregnancy (a period of time after it);
- Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism;
- Styling products;
- Pollution and toxic environment;
- Lack of vitamins (or too much vitamin A);
- Lack of protein;
- Sudden weight loss
Solution and Possible Treatment
Treatment and medication you choose fully depends on your physician’s prescription. But here are some main points.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine) – works well for men and women. Can be bought and used without prescription. Available in different solutions (2%, 4%, 5%). Rogaine is not about growing new hair (though sometimes people experience new hair growing). It’s the best way to keep what’s left on our head without losing more hair.
The disadvantage of it is that you have to use it every day or, sometimes, twice a day – for some people it’s inconvenient. Besides, Rogaine works bad on the front of the head, which makes it useless for men pattern baldness.
- Finasteride (Propecia) – treats male alopecia. Best for androgenic alopecia. It blocks the activity of hormones in hair follicles. These pills are available by prescription. Should be taken daily for half a year or for a year. They are not magical and work gradually. It helps in growing new hair and strengthens it. There’s one side effect – a decreased libido in some cases.
- Multivitamins with iron, vitamin B, zinc and calcium. Although specific vitamin deficiency should be tested and diagnosed beforehand.